If you’re thinking about selling, don’t procrastinate to start planning. In fact, you’ll save yourself a lot of work and get ahead of the game if you start planning now!
What’s that old saying? The early bird gets the worm! In this case, by starting the process earlier, you’ll be in excellent shape when you’re ready to list.
Here are just a few examples of what you can do to get the process started:
- Walk your property and note any maintenance issues that need attention.
- Decide which items to stow or sell to declutter your home.
- Determine what improvements you’ll need to make in order for your home to look great to buyers (i.e. painting, changing light bulbs, etc.)
- Find out approximately how much your property will likely sell for in a given market.
- Clarify the kind of new home you’d like to move into, including ideal neighbourhoods.
- Look into your financing options, so you’ll know the price range you’ll be shopping within.
- Connect with any professionals you may need, such as contractors, a mover, and a real estate lawyer.
- Take advantage of any shopping deals for products you may need, such as home improvement project materials, packing supplies, etc.
As you can see, the more prepared you are, the more stress-free and successful the home selling process will be for you when you’re ready. And one more important tip: contact me to get the conversation started from A-Z about selling your home!